Adaptil Collar – Medium/Large
- Gives dogs the confidence to cope with challenging situations and helps solve behavioural problems
- Scientifically proven – Over 16 published studies show efficiency
- Used by leading vets, charities and behaviourists
- Exclusive PETWELL® / ADAPTIL® e-book with each purchase
- The 18 page e-book is a collaboration between CEVA®, the manufacturer of ADAPTIL ® and PETWELL® . It is designed to give customers an in depth understanding of ADAPTIL®, how it works and how it can help your pet
Dogs have different behaviours for different situations,and learn these behaviours based on their experiences.This makes understanding and helping dog behaviour much more complicated. What makes a dog man's best friend is how well they seem to understand us. But do we always understand them? Dogs communicate with us all the time but without words or conversation. Instead, they use body language, facial expressions and some vocalisations to let us know what they feel and think.Being able to pick up on these signals will ultimately improve your relationship. Just like people, if a dog is misunderstood, or frustrated that their needs are not met, as confused or anxious because of unclear human-dog communication they can become anxious and stressed.
Research has shown that using synthetic pheromones can help calm anxious and stressed pets and therefore reduce these behaviours. Pheromones are chemicals that are naturally secreted by animals that can affect the behaviour of other members of the same species. During lactation, for example, female dogs secrete a pheromone that reassures their puppies when they are close to them. Similarly, cats secrete facial pheromones that they deposit in known places in order to mark a familiar and secured territory. Synthetic versions of some of these natural pheromones have been developed to help manage stress-related problems in pets.
Petwell® and CEVA® have worked together to develop this exclusive e-book that explains how ADAPIL® acts and works. Covering topics explaining what pheromones are, how they can help, causes and signs of stress and which ADAPTIL® products work best in different situations.